TOP 3 TIPS FOR A GREAT FIRST IMPRESSION:
1. Be personable, but yourself, when you enter the room!
2. Dress for success - look your best so you feel your best. Add a hint of the character you are coming in for to your wardrobe - but don't come in costume.
3. Have all of your material in order and ready to go in the room. Keep your sides/book of music organized, so if the team asks for something else - or an additional side - you have everything ready to go.
TOP 3 TIPS FOR A GREAT AUDITION:
1. PREPARATION!!! If you are bringing in your own material OR project sides/songs that were sent to you – the more prepared you are, the easier it will be to settle in and execute all of your choices and work for the team. You may think you are really good at "winging it" and you may really have great instincts in the moment, but we can usually tell when you haven't really put the work in!
2. BE OPEN! When a team member gives you direction - be open and amenable to change and implementing that direction. Being fluid and ready to play in the room will let the team know that you are easy to work with and ready to work hard and discover things! (#1 Preparation will help you with this. The more prepared you are with the material - the easier it will be for you to take adjustments).
3. OWN THE ROOM! This is your time. Come in confidently and really inhabit the room and the work you have prepared for us. There will always be distractions inside and outside of the room. Take control, stay focused and own your time.
ADVICE FOR ACTORS JUST MOVING TO THE CITY:
Audition for everything that you think you are right for! Get yourself out there – the more you are seen, the more people become familiar with your work and the more practice you have auditioning! Also, don't dismiss a contract because you think it's not good enough or that you can do better....If the better contract comes your way, you can always work it out, but the relationships you make with creatives now will lead to more jobs for you in the future.
ANY OTHER PEARLS OF WISDOM:
Everyone in this industry has differing opinions. Take what you like and leave the rest behind. You have to be true to yourself... always. Jobs come and go, but you are ultimately responsible for your own happiness and self fulfillment. Don't forget self-care/self-love is essential to being a thriving and fulfilled artist!
Wojcik|Seay Casting : Is the partnership of Scott Wojcik & Gayle Seay and with Holly Buczek they cast all mediums. National & International Tours: “ Rent”, "Kinky Boots”, “Motown”, “Vocalosity”, “Flashdance”, “Dreamgirls”, “Nice Work If You Can Get It”, “Jekyll & Hyde”, “Joseph….Dreamcoat”, “A Chorus Line” and “Odd Squad, Live” with Mills Entertainment. Off Broadway current /past: “Othello: The Remix”, ”Church & State”, “The Portal”, Tennessee Williams’ “The Two Character Play”,“Handle With Care”, “Triassic Parq” and more! Regional: Multiple seasons/ shows for Riverside Theatre-FL, The Engeman Theatre - NY, Theatre Raleigh-NC, Stages St Louis-MO, Theatre Aspen-CO, Gretna Theatre-PA, The Arvada Center-CO and Tuacahn PAC-UT. For More - www.WSCasting.com